When it comes to cooking with soul, these Cannabis-Infused Southern-Style Buttermilk Biscuits are the jam. They are fluffy, flaky, yearning to be smothered in butter and devoured in seconds, right out of the oven.
This recipe takes biscuit authenticity a step further, adding cannabis butter to elevate your feast.
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour (and some for dusting the board)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cannabis butter or kief butter (very cold)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice cold butter into large chunks and cut into flour until it resembles coarse meal (lumpy).
- Add buttermilk and work into flour with hands, JUST until it’s combined. Avoiding over-mixing! If it appears too dry, add a bit more buttermilk. It should be wet but not runny.
- Place dough on floured board.
- Gently pat (do NOT roll) dough until it’s roughly ½’’ thick. Fold dough about 5 times and gently press down to 1’’ thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut biscuits. (*You can gently knead the remaining dough scraps together to make more.)
- Place biscuits on a cookie sheet. (*For soft sides- have the biscuits touching one another. For crispy sides, leave 1’’ space between each biscuit.)
- Lightly sprinkle sugar on top of biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops are golden brown!
These biscuits pair perfectly with butter and fresh jam, homestyle gravy (for classic B&G), or top them with shredded cheddar cheese and garlic before baking for a more savory version!
Freeze leftover biscuits for up to 30 days. When you want fresh biscuits, simply put the frozen biscuits on a cookie sheet, and bake at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes!
Try another INCREDIBLE Recipe:
- Cannabis Cinnamon Baked Apples
- Southern Style Cannabis Biscuits & Gravy
- Tastiest Cannabis Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Marijuana Muffin
- Hibiscus & Ginger Cannabis Infusion Tea
- Whole Fruit Cannabis Popsicle
- Cannabis Coffee
- Creamy Cannabis Pumpkin Soup
- Cannabis Deviled Eggs with Bacon & Chive
Use the link below to download the free Whaxy Cannabis Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out the perfect dose every time!