If delicious, creamy pumpkin soup doesn’t scream autumn comfort food, then nothing does! This simple, yet sophisticatedly recipe will easily feed the masses at your next get-together and leave people wanting more.
Add a dollop of sour cream to each individual bowl before serving and garnish with freshly baked pumpkin seeds to add more flavor depth!
- 2 tablespoons of cannabis butter or kief-butter
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- ⅓ cup finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ½ teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 cup half & half cream
- ¼ cup powered cornstarch
- 3 cups chicken broth (for a vegetarian option, substitute vegetable broth)
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- a dollop of sour cream (optional)
- freshly baked pumpkin seeds (optional)
- In large soup pot slowly melt both cannabis butter AND unsalted butter on LOW heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently until butter browns and foams. Be careful not to over-brown the butter because it could become bitter.
- Add celery, carrot, onion, sage, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to the pot. Stir and cook until vegetables are tender and spices have combined thoroughly with melted butter.
- Add minced garlic to pot and stir for an additional 1 minute.
- Whisk together half & half and cornstarch in a liquid measuring cup. Once well combined, slowly pour the half & half cornstarch mixture into the pot.
- One by one add the chicken broth, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, salt and pepper. After each addition, stir until well combined.
- Over medium heat bring soup mixture to boil, and stir frequently to avoid burning the bottom.
- Reduce heat from medium to simmer when soup beings to thicken.
- Using either an immersion or stand up blender, puree the soup mixture until it is a smooth and creamy consistency.
Serve immediately and ENJOY! Leftover soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
Try another INCREDIBLE Recipe:
- Cannabis Cinnamon Baked Apples
- Southern Style Cannabis Biscuits & Gravy
- Tastiest Cannabis Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Marijuana Muffin
- Hibiscus & Ginger Cannabis Infusion Tea
- Whole Fruit Cannabis Popsicle
- Cannabis Coffee
Use the link below to download the free Whaxy Cannabis Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out the perfect dose every time!