Use the handy-dandy Whaxy Edible Potency Calculator to determine your dosage every time you cook with cannabis!
- 1 strip bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon cannabis-olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cannabis-butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 slices crusty bread, toasted
- 2 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fry the bacon in a medium saucepan over medium heat until halfway done (about 3 minutes).
- Add the cannabis-olive oil, butter and shallots to the pan and saute until soft (about 6 minutes).
- Add the beans, sage, garlic chicken broth, and bring mixture to a simmer. Cook 15 more minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor in three batches and puree until smooth (be careful-hot liquids may explode when whipped!)
- Return the pureed soup to the pan and add the cream, cayenne, and salt to taste.
Serve warm in shot glasses to be passed around as appetizers at your holiday party, or serve in a bowl as a meal anytime. Enjoy!
Left-over soup may be stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
photo credit: rackcdn