Hemp seeds add the perfect ratio of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids and dietary fiber, as well as vitamins and nutrients that only a complete source of plant based protein can provide, to this delicious egg white frittata. The miniature size allows these to be eaten as a meal or a side.
*If you want to infuse this recipe with cannabis for a medicated meal, replace the skim milk in the recipe with marijuana milk.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced small (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cups loosely packed kale or spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup raw hemp seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Grease or spray a tin for 12 muffins.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat. When hot, add the peppers and onions and saute until softened, about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale or spinach and stir gently until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, skim milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tin so that each one is about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Add sauteed vegetables evenly to each of the 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Leave in muffin tin for about 5 minutes before removing and serving.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leftover hemp seed frittatas can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Place in the oven at 275° Fahrenheit for 10 minutes to reheat.
Use this Complete Guide to Marijuana Edibles to answer questions and curiosities about eating cannabis. Use the link below to download the Whaxy Marijuana Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out your desired dose.