The Illinois Medical Cannabis Pilot Program is NOT accepting applications before September 1, 2014
Patients with last name beginning with the letters A-L may only submit applications from September 1- October 31, 2014. Patients with last name beginning with the letters M-Z may only submit applications from November 1- December 31, 2014. Applications will be accepted year round, without exclusions, beginning January 1, 2015.
What qualifications are required to apply for the medical cannabis pilot program in Illinois?
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of the state of Illinois
- Suffers from a qualifying medical condition
- Has written certification from a licensed physician diagnosing the qualifying medical condition
- Able to pass a finger-print based background check
- Has not been convicted of a felony
What documents do I need to apply?
- Complete, signed patient application form
- Proof of residency (2 different forms)
- Proof of patient identity and age (copy of patient’s valid, Illinois state issued driver’s license or identification card)
- 2 recent passport sized photographs (must be taken within 30 days before applying)
- $100 patient registration fee
- Complete, signed patient attestation form
- Complete, signed fingerprint consent form
- Complete, signed physician certification (the physician will be responsible for mailing this document to the Illinois Department of Public Health)
- Selection of Medical Cannabis dispensing organization (included with the application)
- Complete, signed caregiver application form (if applicable)
How do I apply?
Complete, signed patient applications and all supporting documents may either be electronically uploaded and submitted online on the Department of Public Health Website (www.idph.state.il.us), or mailed in one envelope to:
Illinois Department of Public Health
Division of Medical Cannabis
535 West Jefferson Street
Springfield, IL 62761-0001
If the application is approved, the Illinois Department of Public Health will issue a temporary card valid for 90 days. The temporary card will be mailed to the patient’s home address. The valid Medical Cannabis Registration Identification card will also be mailed to the patient’s home address within the 90 day temporary period. Each cardholder will be permitted to obtain up to 2.5 ounces of dried herb, or the equivalent in another form, within a 14 day period.