Applying for a Medical Marijuana Registration Card is voluntary in the state of Maine. If a qualifying patient chooses not to register, he or she must be able to provide the written certification from the licensed physician and a valid state issued identification card, if asked to do so by a state representative.
How do I qualify to apply for my Medical Marijuana Registration Card?
- Be diagnosed by a licensed physician as having a debilitating medical condition
- Obtain written certification from the licensed physician
What documents do I need to apply?
- Signed, completed patient application form
- Written certification issued by physician (must be on tamper proof paper)
- Copy of patient’s valid, state of Maine issued, driver’s license or identification card
- Patient cultivation form (if patient elects to cultivate)
How do I apply?
Complete a patient registration application, and mail with all supporting documents to:
Maine Medical Use of Marijuana Program
Division of Licensing and Regulatory Services
Department of Health and Human Services
11 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
Allow 30 days for application processing. The Medical Marijuana Registration Card will be issued within 5 days of approval. Each cardholder is permitted to have up to 2.5 ounces of prepared marijuana or up to 6 mature plants.
Patients may reach the medical marijuana registration department at (207) 287-4325 or toll-free at 1-855-355-4325 for specific questions.