This marijuana infused cinnamon bread is a great way to medicate that doesn’t have to be reserved for mornings. It is delightful toasted and topped with butter, and used to make french toast. Two slices of this bread will also add a subtle sweetness to a ham and cheese sandwich.
Yield: 2 loaves
- 5 cups bread flour (extra as needed), divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast (2 packets)
- 3/4 cup whole marijuana milk (~110-115º F)
- 1/2 cup warm water (~110º F)
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer, combine water with 2 tablespoons sugar and stir until combined. Add yeast to bowl and set aside 5 minutes until bubbly.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk and butter, and cook until butter has melted (and is incorporated) and mixture is hot to the touch.
- In a large bowl, sift 2 1/2 cups flour, remaining sugar and salt together. Then slowly add it to the yeast mixture, stirring continuously.
- Pour in warmed milk and butter and beat until just combined.
- If you using an electric mixer, add your eggs on low speed. Turn speed up to medium and mix for 2-3 minutes. If mixing by hand, whisk in eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly for about 3 minutes.
- Slowly add remaining flour until dough ball comes together and isn’t too sticky. Dough should be elastic and smooth.
- Turn dough out into a lightly oiled bowl, cover and set aside (in a warm, draft-free area) for 1-1 1/2 hours, or until dough has doubled in size.
- Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Punch down the dough, divide it in half and roll both halves out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll each half into a large rectangle. About 14×7 inches.
- Brush each rectangle with melted butter, then sprinkle on half of cinnamon spice mixture equally on top.
- Take the short side of the rectangle and gently roll it over itself, away from you. Press the roll gently to make sure it sticks to itself.
- Pinch the ends of the rolls and place them, seams on the bottom, into 2, 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- Cover with a clean towel, set aside (again) in a warm, draft-free place, and let rise until doubled in size ( 1 hour).
- Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Serve warmed up or at room temperature.
Remember that it can take up to 2 hours to feel the full effects from marijuana edibles. Use this Complete Guide to Marijuana Edibles to answer questions and curiosities about eating cannabis. Use the link below to download the Whaxy Marijuana Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out your desired dose.