It is important to use whole milk or cream when making this recipe because the cannabinoids, including the psychoactive tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), are only soluble in lipids.
For a relaxing experience, use one of the following strains in the marijuana milk recipe:
For a well-balanced experience of both head and body, use one of the following strains in the marijuana milk recipe:
- 1 cup Whole Milk or Cream (do not use skim or low-fat milk)
- 1/8 ounce (3.5 grams) of finely ground cannabis buds
- Grinder (a clean coffee grinder will work best)
- Cheese cloth
- Air-tight liquid storage container
- Grind up the marijuana until it is a very fine consistency.
- Place milk and marijuana together in the saucepan.
- Heat the milk and marijuana mixture on low heat for at least 45 minutes. It is very important to whisk constantly to prevent from burning. Do not let it boil. A light simmer is ok, as long as you are constantly whisking.
- Remove from heat, and allow the marijuana milk to cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain the marijuana milk through a cheesecloth at least 1 time to remove plant matter.
Keep leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container. Be sure to use it before the expiration date.
- Serve warm for a relaxing bedtime snack
- Mix with chocolate for a special chocolate milk treat
- Serve cold with your favorite cookies or dessert
- Pour over oatmeal or sliced bananas for breakfast
- Use in other recipes that call for milk like this Queso Dip Recipe
Remember that it can take up to 2 hours to feel the full effects from marijuana edibles. Use this Complete Guide to Marijuana Edibles to answer questions and curiosities about eating cannabis.
Use the link below to download the Whaxy Marijuana Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out your desired dose.