This delicious, savory marijuana edible recipe is a great alternative to the sweet and sugary recipe options that are more abundant in the cooking with cannabis community.
Try sautéing some fresh garlic or your favorite herb with the butter if you want to add a different flavor to this anytime snack!
- 1/2 cup un-popped popcorn kernels or 3.5 ounce package of microwave popcorn
- 3 tablespoons cannabis-butter or kief butter
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- kosher salt (to taste)
- Pop the popcorn accordingly (depending on which type of popcorn you choose).
- To brown the cannabis-butter: On the stove-top, heat the cannabis-butter over medium-low heat in a skillet or saucepan. Keep a close eye on the cannabis-butter to prevent over-browning or burning.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until it is heated to the point that it begins to foam and bubble (1-5 minutes). Do not allow it to boil or the taste may turn bitter.
- Remove the butter from heat as soon as it begins to turn golden brown, and produces a nutty smell.
- Drizzle the browned cannabis-butter over the popcorn. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and ¼ teaspoon salt, toss and coat thoroughly.
Enjoy while the popcorn is still warm, and leftovers may be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Use the handy-dandy Whaxy Edible Potency Calculator to determine your dosage every time you cook with cannabis, and android users can download the calculator app (link below) for easiest access.