Have you ever found yourself feeling overly full after eating a piece of dense cheesecake? You won’t have that problem with this recipe!
Ricotta is much lighter and fluffier than cream cheese, and therefore a ricotta cheesecake is a more refreshing alternative. Add zesty lemon and fresh berries, and this is the ultimate spring time dessert. Although it is the perfect dish for spring, it will be just as delicious any time of year.
This is also a great option for those who do not particularly enjoy the taste of cannabis because it is only used in the crust.
We suggest using one of the following strains to make the cannabis butter for the crust. Each of the strains suggested were hand picked to provide feelings of euphoria while also enhancing creativity:
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup cannabis-butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 pounds fresh, whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 ° F
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, butter and lemon peel.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 325° F for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, stir ricotta with a rubber spatula until it reaches an extremely smooth consistency.
- Add the sugar and flour into the ricotta, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in the eggs, 1 at a time. Next add in the vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest, and salt. Mix well. Pour batter into crust.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 75 to 90 minutes at 300° F, until the cake is a light golden color. When it’s ready, the center should be fairly firm, and the point of a sharp knife inserted in the center will come out clean.
- Cool cake on a wire rack.
- Top with raspberries and blueberries.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until time to serve.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Use this Complete Guide to Marijuana Edibles to answer questions and curiosities about eating cannabis. Use the link below to download the free Whaxy Marijuana Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out the perfect dose every time!