Use the handy Whaxy Edible Potency Calculator to determine your dosage every time you cook with cannabis. If you use the Whaxy recipe for Cannabis Butter, and follow this recipe, each serving of turkey will be between 10-12.5mg of cannabis.
This is the easiest recipe to use if you want to include cannabis in your holiday turkey this year.
- 1 whole turkey (12-15 pounds, thawed)
- 1/2 cup cannabis butter
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Melt the cannabis butter in a small saucepan over low heat. It is important not to brown or burn the butter!
- Once the cannabis butter is mostly melted, blend in all remaining ingredients.
- Season the raw turkey with salt and pepper.
- Pull the turkey skin away from the meat, so that you can pour or rub half of the cannabis butter mixture in between the skin and meat. A meat injector would work well for this, but you can also use a baster, spoon or other utensil.
- Cook the turkey using your favorite method, and bast it with the remaining butter mixture every half hour while it cooks.
- Once fully cooked, remove turkey from heat, and allow to rest for at least five minutes before carving
Serving size: 8
Leftover turkey may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an air-tight container.
*Remember that it takes longer to feel the effects when eating cannabis, so start low and go slow.
photo credit: Calgary Reviews