Try this delicious and easy to make cannabis roasted garlic dip at home!
- 1 large head of garlic
- 19 ounces cannellini beans
- 5 teaspoons cannabis-olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-4 teaspoons pepper vegetable broth (as needed)
- Salt to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Red bell pepper, sliced (optional for dipping)
- Orange bell pepper, sliced (optional for dipping)
- Yellow bell pepper, sliced (optional for dipping)
- Cucumber, sliced (optional for dipping)
- Tomato, sliced (optional for dipping)
- Pita bread, toasted (optional for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the top of the garlic head about ½ down.
- Lay garlic cloves out on a baking sheet. Drizzle the cloves with 1 tsp cannabis-olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil, and bake in preheated oven for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the roasted garlic from the oven, and allow to cool until you can touch it comfortably.
- Squeeze garlic cloves out of the skin, and set aside.
- Drain the cannellini beans using a strainer, and rinse in water. Allow the beans to dry for a few minutes.
- In a food processor, add cannellini beans first.
- Top the beans with roasted garlic cloves in the food processor.
- In food processor, add 4 teaspoons of cannabis-olive oil, salt, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon pepper vegetable broth (to start) and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Pulse the processor until the mixture has reached your desired texture. Slowly add more pepper vegetable broth to reach a smooth consistency, if needed.
Optional Suggestion: Serve with bell pepper slices, cucumber slices, tomatoes, and pita bread for dipping.
Remember that it can take up to 2 hours to feel the full effects from marijuana edibles. Use this Complete Guide to Marijuana Edibles to answer questions and curiosities about eating cannabis. Use the link below to download the Whaxy Marijuana Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out your desired dose.
photo credit: Abdulla Al Muhairi