- 8 grams cannabis
- 750 milliliters of your favorite rum (must be at least 80 proof / 40% alcohol)
- Preheat oven to 200º Fahrenheit.
- Place marijuana on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove cannabis from oven, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the cannabis to the rum bottle or combine the ingredients in another glass container of your choice with an air-tight seal.
- Store the mixture in a dark place, such as a closet, cabinet or pantry, for at least 4 days. Shake the bottle vigorously 1 to 2 times per day.
- On the last day, boil a large pot of water. Remove it from the heat as soon as it boils, and place the sealed bottle into the hot water for 30 minutes. The water level should not cover the top of the bottle. Heating the mixture releases more of the psychoactive properties of the marijuana into the rum. CAREFUL- Do not place the bottle into the water while it is still boiling on the stove!
- Strain the plant matter out of the rum. You can do this by pouring it through a coffee filter, cheesecloth, or other item of your choice. Discard or compost the plant matter that is left in the filter.
Serve over ice with your favorite juice or mixer:
Blend with ice to make a strawberry daiquiri or piña colada.
Add a few sprigs of fresh mint, or fresh fruit.
If you prefer shots to mixed drinks, shake with lime juice over ice, and strain into shot glasses.
You do not want to make a drink? Just hold a tablespoon of this under your tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing.
This marijuana infused rum can be used in any of your favorite rum cocktails!
photo credit: Tai Toh