Make these delicious cannabis-cupcakes for your holiday gathering this season, and use the Whaxy Edibles Calculator every time you cook with cannabis to determine how much THC will be in each serving.
If you use the Whaxy Cannabis Butter Recipe to make the butter for this recipe, each cupcake will contain about 10-12mg of cannabis. The recommended dose for beginners is 10mg, so 1 Holiday Spice Cupcake is 1 serving.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Crisco
- ½ cup cannabis butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour cupcake pans or insert cupcake baking cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl, and set aside for later.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the sugar, Crisco and cannabutter.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon extract, and stir.
- Add flour mixture, one half at a time. Mix thoroughly.
- Fill each cupcake three-quarters full with batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Do not overcook. Allow to cool on wire rack.
Yields: 12 cupcakes
Once cupcakes have cooled, frost them with your favorite store bought or homemade frosting. If you are feeling fancy, decorate frosted cupcakes with sprinkles, nuts, fruit, or any other topping of your choice.
Serve and enjoy!
photo credit: Pirata Larios