- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon liquid flavoring (butterscotch, cherry, raspberry, watermelon, lime, or any other)
- ½ tsp liquid food coloring of your choice (add more or less to reach desired color)
- 3 tablespoons cannabis tincture
- Prepare the molds by spraying them with a little bit of oil, add lollipop sticks, place molds on a cookie sheet, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, and cream of tartar over low- medium heat. Stir using a wooden spoon until the sugar crystals dissolve. Continue to stir slowly.
- Stop stirring as soon as the syrup starts to boil.
- Now you will use the candy thermometer in the pan. Be sure not to touch the thermometer to the bottom or sides of the pan. Let the syrup boil without stirring until the thermometer reaches 300° Fahrenheit (hard-crack stage). DO NOT exceed 300° F.
- As soon as the thermometer reaches 300° F, remove the pan from the heat. Allow the syrup to cool to 275° F
- Once it has cooled to 275°F, add butterscotch flavoring, liquid food coloring, and cannabis tincture.
CAUTION- product will be extremely hot, and could burn skin.
- Work quickly to pour the syrup into the prepared molds because product will harden as it cools
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes, or until they are hard.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap, or store all together in an air tight container.
Yield: 12 suckers