Tinctures provide an alternative method of cannabis delivery that is more discrete, and eliminates the potential irritation and adverse health effects caused by smoking. They take some patience to make because of the 15 to 30 day infusion time, but are well worth it at the end.
Cannabis tinctures can also be infused with your favorite herbs and fruit, like chamomile and orange peels, if desired.
- 4 ounces Everclear or Bacardi 151
- ½ ounce dried marijuana buds
- Glass container with lid (DO NOT USE PLASTIC)
- Grind the marijuana buds. It does not have to be a fine powder, just a rough grind will do.
- Combine alcohol and marijuana in a glass container.
- Store the mixture somewhere dark, like the back of the pantry or a cabinet. Do not allow it to sit in a well-lit area or in sunlight.
- Allow the tincture to steep for 15-30 days, shaking the mixture 1-2 times per day for 15-30 days. Open the lid for a quick second every few days to release gas.
- After 15-30 days, strain plant matter from mixture using a cheesecloth.
Store tincture in a dark glass container out of light. Tinctures are ideally measured through a dropper, but a teaspoon or other measuring tool may be used instead.
Hold the tincture under your tongue for 30 to 60 seconds before swallowing to allow some of the cannabinoids to absorb sublingually.
This tincture can also be used to make one of these great recipes:
Use this complete guide to marijuana edibles infographic to answer all of your edibles questions!