The Massachusetts Department of Health is still developing the patient application process. Eventually, there will be an online application. Until the online application is up and running, patients may use the written certification from the physician as a medical marijuana card. Medical Marijuana dispensaries are in the second round of the approval process, but none are licensed yet. Until dispensaries begin distributing medical marijuana, patients with written certification from a physician may cultivate medical marijuana. Each patient is permitted to have up to 10 ounces over a period of 60 days.
How do I qualify to apply for my Medical Marijuana Registration Card?
- Be 18 years of age or older (legal guardians may apply for patients under 18)
- Be a resident of the state of Massachusetts
- Obtain written certification from a licensed physician for having a debilitating medical condition (if under the age of 18, patient must have 2 physician certifications)
What documents do I need to apply?
- Signed, completed patient application form including such information as
- Written certification issued by physician (must be on tamper proof paper)
- Copy of patient’s valid, state of Maine issued, driver’s license or identification card
- Patient cultivation form (if patient elects to cultivate)