Learn how to make these no-sugar-added cannabis-infused fruit ice pops at home with this easy-to-follow recipe. These cannabis-infused ice pops are made using just five simple ingredients including fresh strawberries and blueberries. Unlike the Bomb Pops or Firecrackers you find at the grocery store, these red, white, and blue fruit pops have no added sugar, and they are super easy to make. You just mash and mix the ingredients and then put them in the freezer. Best of all, you can decide exactly how strongly dosed with marijuana-tincture you want each individual fruit bar to be.
How To Make Cannabis-Infused Fruit Bars
You have a few different options in this recipe as far as making each layer of the fruit bar. You may choose to use a blender or a food processor to puree the fruit, but you can also just use a potato masher to do the work by hand.
Whether or not to use an ice-pop mold is the second decision you have to make. There are reusable stainless steel and silicone options out there that are easy to use. If you choose not to spring for a mold, dixie cups and wooden sticks can be used instead. If you go the dixie cup route, just peel the cup off of the fruit pop once it is completely frozen through.
How To Dose Cannabis-Infused Fruit Bars
You can confidently control the potency of each ice-pop by adding the marijuana-tincture directly to one or more layers in each individual mold. For example, if you want each bar to contain 10mg total, add 5mg of tincture to two of the layers, or just add 10mg to one of the layers. If you want 15mg in one bar, add 5mg to each of the three layers or go for the gusto and add all 15 to one layer. It is completely up to you to customize your cannabis experience however you choose.
If you prefer to mask the taste of cannabis, add the tincture to either the red or the blue layer because the fruit layers will cover it up more so than the coconut milk layer will. For those of you living in states that have not yet legalized marijuana, you could replace the THC-tincture with your favorite hemp or CBD-oil.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours
Total time: 5.5 hours
Yield: 6 ice pops
- Blender (optional)
- Food Processor (optional)
- Potato Masher (optional)
- Ice Pop Mold (optional)
- Dixie Cups (optional)
- Wooden Sticks (optional)
- Your favorite cannabis tincture, store-bought or homemade
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Combine the red-layer ingredients in either the blender or food processor. If you use the potato masher, combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Blend the ingredients until there are no chunks bigger than bite-size.
- Fill each mold or dixie cup about one third of the way full with the red layer. If you want to add cannabis tincture to the red layer, add the desired amount at this time and stir.
- Place the mold or cup into the freezer, and allow the layer to freeze for about 40 minutes.
- While the first layer is setting, combine the white layer ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- After the red layer has been in the freezer for 40 minutes, pull it back out to pour about two tablespoons of the white layer on top of the red layer. The mold should be about two-thirds full after the white layer is added.
- Place the mold or cups back into the freezer for 40 minutes. You can work on the blue layer while the white layer is setting.
- Add the fresh blueberries and maple syrup to the blender, food processor, or mixing bowl like you did in step one. Puree or mash the ingredients together until there are no chunks larger than bite-size.
- Carefully pour approximately two tablespoons of the blueberry mixture on top of the white layer. Leave some room at the top because the fruit pops will expand as they freeze. If you are adding tincture to this layer, do it at this time and stir.
- Freeze the cannabis-infused fruit bars for about three more hours or until they are frozen solid all the way through.
- Remove them from the molds or peel away the cups and ENJOY! Leftover fruit bars can be stored in the freezer for up to 10 days.
Serve and use responsibly, and make sure to keep these adult-treats away from the kiddos. Consult this Guide To Marijuana Edibles for dosing and consumption guidelines and information.