What qualifies a patient for a Medical Marijuana Registry Card?
A patient must meet the following requirements to submit an application:
- Be a resident of the state of Oregon
- Have a qualifying, debilitating medical condition
- Obtain written certification from a licensed physician
- A legal guardian must apply for a patient under the age of 18
I qualify for the Medical Marijuana Registry Program. How do I apply?
First, obtain a medical marijuana recommendation from your doctor. Not all doctors are willing to recommend medical marijuana treatments. Cancer, glaucoma, and HIV/AIDS are 3 of the qualifying medical conditions. The physician is required to complete the Physician Certification form for you to submit with your application.
Make sure to include all of the following documents:
- Original, signed Patient Application
- Original, signed Physician Certification
- A legible copy of the patient’s Oregon issued driver’s license or identification card
- $200 non-refundable application Fee in the form of check or money order made out to OHA/OMMP (this fee may be reduced if patient qualifies for government assistance)
- Complete, signed Declaration of Person Responsible for a Minor to Participate (only if the patient is under the age of 18)
Once the application is complete, mail all documents certified mail, in one envelope to:
PO Box 14450
Portland, OR 97293-0450
All items must be submitted in one envelope. It is important to sent the packet “certified mail,” so that you have confirmation your application was received. This will also be proof that the application was mailed. If your application is approved, it may take up to sixty days to receive your Medical Marijuana Registration Card in the mail. In the meantime, a patient may use the certified mail receipt, and copies of all items submitted to the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program.
Once approved, each cardholder is permitted to have twenty four ounces of dried cannabis material, or six mature plants. Patients that have been convicted of a class A or B felony drug conviction are only permitted to have up to one ounce at a time.