Impress someone with this quick and easy recipe that will help you create a gourmet meal without much work.
This tasty shrimp dish can be served by itself, scampi-style with lemon wedges, on top of pasta, or placed in a crusty bread roll for a po’ boy sandwich! The spiciness of this dish helps to mask the cannabis flavor.
- 3 lbs raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 6 tablespoons cannabis-butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of your favorite beer- at room temperature
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges (optional)
- Combine cannabis-butter, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in sauté pan, and melt over low-medium heat. It is very important not to burn the butter or the garlic, so heat slowly and stir often.
- As soon as cannabis-butter is melted, add garlic to the pan, and allow garlic to cook briefly, just until you are able to smell the garlic. Remove garlic from cannabis-butter with slotted spoon before it browns, and set it aside to add back to the pan later.
- Add shrimp to the butter mixture, and stir until every shrimp has been coated with cannabis-butter.
- Add oregano, basil, thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper, and coat thoroughly.
- Stir constantly, until shrimp are almost completely cooked and pink.
- Add garlic back to the pan, and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until shrimp are fully cooked.
- Pour beer into the pan, stir and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat, and serve! ENJOY!
Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.