MassRoots is a social media platform committed to creating a judgement free network for cannabis enthusiasts to safely and openly express themselves. Through both cannabis related and unrelated pictures, videos and text, our like-minded users are brought together from all over the world, one post at a time. Some network guidelines have been put in place to ensure a harmonious experience for all. These guidelines fall under two categories; compliance with the law and respect for your fellow MassRoots’ users. They outline the expectations for community members as well as provide the steps to reporting any behavior which does not honor said guidelines.
MassRoots, in its sole discretion, may remove any status or comment from the network at any given time. Any and all content which violates these guidelines may be taken down without warning and could result in the removal of the account which said content was posted from.
Compliance with the Laws
Users must follow the law that pertains to the current state or province which they reside in. Due to MassRoots’ close association with cannabis, users must live in a Medical Marijuana Approved State and must be at least 18 years of age to join. Buying, selling or trading cannabis or cannabis infused products without the proper licensing is illegal and is not supported or tolerated by MassRoots. Posting statuses, images, videos or comments depicting or referencing illegal drugs or prostitution, is considered restricted content and warrants immediate removal from the network.
Respect Your MassFam
MassRoots aims to foster a positive and diverse community. Encouraging violence, threatening others or posting content which targets individuals with intent to shame or degrade them is strictly prohibited. Any and all reported content is investigated by MassRoots’ support team. MassRoots will attempt to take all sides of a disagreement into consideration before coming to a conclusion wherever possible. The decision is to be made by the support team alone and all decisions are final. In order to avoid a negative experience users must all follow a few simple rules:
- A. Be Welcoming and TolerantMassRoots supports people of all backgrounds & identities. No user should feel excluded due to their race, ethnicity, culture, colour, immigration status, social and economic class, education level, mental capacity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, political belief, religion or physical ability.
- B. If You Have Nothing Nice to Say, Say Nothing at AllWhen dealing with conflict which has no clear solution, please refrain from engaging. Move past the dispute by either blocking the user, or, if they are breaking MassRoots’ Community Guidelines, reporting the user to our support team. You can do this by emailing email@example.com.
- C. Only Post Content Which You Have the Right to ShareRemember that content posted to your profile must be authentic. It may not contain images you have accumulated from the internet. Users own their content through intellectual property rights; the exclusive rights given to an individual over the creations of their minds, and therefore reposting others as your own is against our policy.
- D. Post Appropriate ContentAlthough this community is a 420-friendly one, not every post must be about cannabis. Do not talk down to those simply sharing their day to day experiences and opinions. Nudity, pornography, prescription drugs, weapons promoting violence, gruesome or graphic images, and harsh or offensive language are not appropriate content to post to the network.
- E. Impersonating a User or Creating a FakeProfile is Strictly Prohibited.We take this very seriously. If someone is pretending to be you, simply upload an image of your ID and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your username and the username of the impersonator. The user will be removed and banned from the network.
- F. Spammers, No Spamming!Spamming, sending the same or similarly worded message indiscriminately to a large number of recipients for marketing purposes, is strictly prohibited on the MassRoots network. To report spam see directions below.Help us Keep the Community Strong (Reporting Violations)
Keeping restricted content off MassRoots is pertinent to sustaining a healthy community. MassRoots’ support team reviews reported content and works diligently to remove anything illegal, discriminatory, harmful or offensive daily. If you witness a fellow user failing to follow MassRoots’ Community Guidelines, it is your duty, as a community member, to bring it to the attention of the Support Team. In the event that you come across a post which does not interest you, however does not violate our guidelines, you have the option to unfollow or block the user posting said content. (To block users, see directions below)
To Report a Post:
Go to the user’s post and click the “…” underneath the post you would like to report and then click “Report Post”
To Block a User
Visit the profile of the user you would like to block. Now click the “…” and “Block User”
To Report General Harassment, Restricted Content or a User
Be sure to include:
- Your Username
- The Username of the harasser or offender
- A brief description of what he/she has done or said that you believe falls under the category of harassment. (Screenshots are helpful here)
MassRoots encourages everyone, whom is of age, currently residing in a Medical Marijuana Approved State, to join our network. Every user is entitled to the same rights. If any of our community members have been insulted, offended, or harassed, MassRoots’ Support Team will take into consideration both sides of the conflict before coming to a conclusion which will better the community as a whole.
We honor diversity in all ethnicities, race, socioeconomic status, gender, exceptionalities, language, religion, sexual orientation, technical ability, profession, identity or expression of, culture, national origin, age, profession and political beliefs.
These guidelines are by no means all-inclusive. They are simply a set of rules for the users of MassRoots to follow, ensuring a pleasant experience for all, conducive to making healthy relationships and sharing the plethora of cannabis knowledge the world has to offer.
Thank you for helping us create and maintain a safe place for cannabis enthusiasts to connect.
The MassRoots Team