If delicious, creamy pumpkin soup doesn’t scream autumn comfort food, then nothing does! This simple, yet sophisticatedly recipe will easily feed the masses at your next get-together and leave people wanting more.
Add a dollop of sour cream to each individual bowl before serving and garnish with freshly baked pumpkin seeds to add more flavor depth!
- 2 tablespoons of cannabis butter or kief-butter
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- ⅓ cup finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ½ teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 cup half & half cream
- ¼ cup powered cornstarch
- 3 cups chicken broth (for a vegetarian option, substitute vegetable broth)
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- a dollop of sour cream (optional)
- freshly baked pumpkin seeds (optional)
- In large soup pot slowly melt both cannabis butter AND unsalted butter on LOW heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently until butter browns and foams. Be careful not to over-brown the butter because it could become bitter.
- Add celery, carrot, onion, sage, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to the pot. Stir and cook until vegetables are tender and spices have combined thoroughly with melted butter.
- Add minced garlic to pot and stir for an additional 1 minute.
- Whisk together half & half and cornstarch in a liquid measuring cup. Once well combined, slowly pour the half & half cornstarch mixture into the pot.
- One by one add the chicken broth, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, salt and pepper. After each addition, stir until well combined.
- Over medium heat bring soup mixture to boil, and stir frequently to avoid burning the bottom.
- Reduce heat from medium to simmer when soup beings to thicken.
- Using either an immersion or stand up blender, puree the soup mixture until it is a smooth and creamy consistency.
Serve immediately and ENJOY! Leftover soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
Try another INCREDIBLE Recipe:
- Cannabis Cinnamon Baked Apples
- Southern Style Cannabis Biscuits & Gravy
- Tastiest Cannabis Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Marijuana Muffin
- Hibiscus & Ginger Cannabis Infusion Tea
- Whole Fruit Cannabis Popsicle
- Cannabis Coffee
Use the link below to download the free Whaxy Cannabis Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out the perfect dose every time!
Subscribe to the best cannabis news