This Hibiscus & Ginger Cannabis Infusion Tea is perfect for any time of year because it can be enjoyed hot or cold. It combines the health benefits of hibiscus and ginger with the healing benefits of cannabis.
Studies suggest that hibiscus helps to lower blood pressure, while ginger is known to battle various types of stomach problems and boost the immune system. The magic of ginger and cannabis working together is sure to relieve upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, and may also increase appetite. The taste of cannabis is mild in this recipe.
- 8 cups filtered water
- 4 tablespoons cannabis tincture
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers (1.5 ounces)
- 1/3 cup mild raw honey, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup strained fresh orange juice
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger juice (see below)
- 1 lemon, sliced for garnish
- Boil water in a large pot, on the stove, over high heat.
- Add hibiscus flowers, cover pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain into a large bowl.
- Compost the flowers.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, before stirring in the honey.
- Cool to room temperature; stir in orange and ginger juices (instructions below).
- Add the cannabis tincture and stir.
- Pour into jars or glass bottles, and chill before serving. Stored in the fridge, it will keep up to a week.
Ginger Juice Instructions:
- Grate fresh, unpeeled ginger root to a fine texture (you will need to start with a piece about 2.5 inches long).
- Take finely grated ginger into your palm.
- Squeeze it tightly in your palm to extract juice into a container.
- You will need about a 2-1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger root to get 4 teaspoons of ginger juice.
This recipe can be enjoyed hot or poured over ice. Leftover tea can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Try one of our other INCREDIBLE Recipes:
- Rosemary & Garlic Cannabis Popcorn
- Maui Waui Cannabis Coffee
- Whole Fruit Cannabis Popsicle
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Marijuana Muffin
Remember that it can take up to 2 hours to feel the full effects from marijuana edibles. Use this Complete Guide to Marijuana Edibles to answer questions and curiosities about eating cannabis. Use the link below to download the Whaxy Marijuana Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out your desired dose.
This post was originally published on June 19, 2015, it was updated on October 5, 2017.