Taco Tuesday is creeping up on us and there is no better time to brush up on your culinary skills than for Taco freaking Tuesday. Tacos, Margaritas and Queso – oh my. To help you prepare for the best Tuesday of your life we would like to share one of our favorite pot-infused taco recipes. Enjoy!
First thing is to gather your ingredients. Below is listed everything you will need to successfully prepare your cannabis-infused tacos. Don’t skimp, sometimes the one ingredient you decide to skip can be the one that ties the entire meal together.
2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
2 cup sliced lettuce
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
¼ cup CannaOil
1 tomato, diced
½ onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 lb ground beef (or ¾ lb white fish fillets)
Taco shells or tortillas
4 lime wedges to garnish
You will need a medium-sized saute pan as well.
1. Begin by placing the saute pan on a burner set to a medium temperature.
2. Use some of the canna oil to lubricate the pan before it begins to get hot, then allow it to heat up. Toss the ½ onion, diced, into the pan and allow the heat to turn the onion translucent – this will only take a few short minutes.
3. Once the onions are translucent, carefully place the ground beef into the pan. Allow the meat to cook and brown.
- Alternatively – if you want to use fish instead of ground beef, you will sprinkle the fajita seasoning on either side of the fish before placing it into the pan. Allow the fish to grill on each side for 3-5 minutes. You will know the fish is done when it flakes apart easily with your fork.
4. When the meat is sufficiently cooked, place fajita seasoning in the pan and mix with meat until it has been sufficiently mixed.
5. Give this new mixture time on the stove to meld together. As you wait for the flavor to build, you will prepare your taco toppings.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the tomato, onion and jalapenos with the rest of the canna oil.
7. In a separate bowl, mix the lettuce, lime juice and cilantro.
8. If you want to, now is the time to heat your taco shells or tortillas. You can do this either in the microwave (20-30 seconds for shells about 10 seconds for tortillas) or the oven (keep an eye on them!).
9. Spoon the ground beef or fish into your taco shells or tortillas and dress liberally with the lettuce mixture and the infused tomato mixture. Top with sour cream or cheese if you like. Squeeze a little lime onto the finished taco and garnish with another wedge of lime. And don’t forget your favorite salsa!
10. Bon Appetit
There you have it – a quick, easy and delicious infused taco recipe for all your Taco Tuesday needs. You are welcome to cover your tacos in queso completely and enjoy a frosty marg while you are at it! Tuesday only comes around once a week – fill up while you can.