This recipe can be used in any recipe that requires oil.
- 4 cups Olive, Coconut, or Canola oil
- 1 ounce finely ground cannabis buds, or 2 ounces dried and ground, trimmed leaf
- Cheesecloth or heavy duty coffee filters
- In a double boiler, heat oil on low until you smell the oil aroma. This will only take a minute or two.
- Slowly add the cannabis to the oil, a little bit at a time, until all is added. Slowly stir the entire time, so that all of the cannabis is saturated with oil.
- Simmer on low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool before straining. Press the cannabis against a metal strainer with the back of a spoon to wring all the oil into a container of your choice.
Save the oil in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. You may discard or compost the used plant material.
Yield: 4 cups
photo credit: USDAgov
This post was originally published on August 17, 2014, it was updated on October 5, 2017.