The Oscars, more formally known as the Academy Awards, recognize artistic and technical excellence in films. The ceremony has occurred every year since 1929, and each year is more lavish than the last.
Only those talented enough to be nominated for an Academy Award receive a fabulous goodie bag, known as the “Everyone Wins,” filled with a variety of luxury items that only celebrities would ever receive as gifts.
Keeping up with the times, this year’s bags will include several cannabis items such as edibles, topicals, concentrates, and even a membership to a cannabis social club.
It’s like the character Billy Mack from the movie Love Actually said, “Don’t buy drugs. Become a star, and they give you them for free.”
The gift bags are put together by a Los Angeles marketing company, not by officials of the awards. This year, the marketing agency in charge has described the nominee gift as the “six-figures swag bag” because it contains several high-value items.
“We understand the interest in the ‘wow’ number associated with this now-legendary gift bag, but we prefer to simply celebrate the fun and festive nature of the contents…no matter how big or small,” said the founder of the marketing company responsible for creating the bags.
According to The Independent, the swag bags to be handed out this year at the Oscars will include the following cannabis products:
- Coda Signature premium cannabis-infused edibles, topicals and concentrates
- An annual VIP membership to MOTA ― LA’s first cannabis-friendly social club
- Age Interventionist Renee Lynn’s CBDRxSupreme protocol hemp oil
- High Beauty High Five Cannabis Facial Moisturizer and High Expectations Cannabis Facial Oil Instytutum skincare products
A few of the noteworthy, non-cannabis items include:
- A luxury small-ship adventure with International Expeditions (choice of Amazon, Galapagos, Iceland or Costa Rica-Panama voyages)
- A week-long Greek beachfront escape at Avaton Luxury Villas Resort
- Mister Poop Emoji Plunger
- Poolside dinner from Nest Seekers International for nominee and friends prepared by celebrity chef
- Jarritos-filled Yeti Coolers along with a commitment from Jarritos to donate a pallet of their great-tasting flavored soft drinks to a charitable event of the nominee’s choice
- Optimum Nutrition Salted Toffee Pretzel Crisp Bars
- PETA Agent for Animals Spy Pens
This year, the 91st Academy Awards ceremony will be held at the Dolby Theater in downtown Hollywood on Sunday, February 24. It will be televised on ABC and begins at 8 pm ET.